Crosstown Arts’ Digital Lab is a new 6-station computer lab located at 430 N. Cleveland supporting Memphis’ creative community by providing artists and musicians full access to industry standard art and music-making technology. The Mac-based lab offers the full Adobe Creative Suite of software, as well as Avid’s Pro Tools, to artists and musicians working at any level of expertise on their creative projects.
Each of the six Mac stations are available on a first-come, first-served basis. All users are required to present a valid form of ID and sign a waiver/use agreement to use the facility.
The digital lab will open to the public in its current location on September 20 and will be offering free monthly memberships from that date through February of 2017, in anticipation of Crosstown Arts’ upcoming expansion into the Crosstown Concourse building next year. The lab will relocate to the Crosstown Concourse building in the spring of 2017 as part of a forthcoming shared art-making facility that will include a shared woodshop and other art/music making equipment and resources available to the creative community through affordable monthly memberships.
Tuesday-Thursday, 10 am-9 pm
Friday-Saturday, 10 am-6 pm
Closed Sunday and Monday
The Digital Lab will be closed to the public for youth workshops on Tuesdays and Wednesdays, 3-7 p.m., from October 18 – December 14 (excluding Thanksgiving week). On these days, the lab will be open to the public from 10 a.m. – 3 p.m., and then will re-open from 7 p.m. – 9 p.m. This new workshop series is funded by a grant through ArtsFirst/First Tennessee Foundation and ArtsMemphis. Additional workshops will be announced soon!
Along with open work hours, the lab will host free artist-led workshops and classes throughout the year. During scheduled workshops, the lab will be closed to the public. These workshops are made possible through an ArtsFirst grant from the First Tennessee Foundation and ArtsMemphis.
Contact Justin Thompson at firstname.lastname@example.org if you are interested in leading a workshop.
The Lab is accessible through the Parcels Leasing Office/Visible Music Community School
430 N. Cleveland Street, Memphis, TN 38104
Hardware at each of the 6 stations
- 27-inch iMacs with a Retina 5K screen
- Midi Controller Keyboard
- Scarlett 2i2 interface
Software at each of the 6 stations
- Avid Pro Tools is the industry standard digital audio workstation (DAW). Record, edit, mix and master music and audio.
- ALL available Creative Cloud programs including:
- Photoshop – image editing and compositing
- Lightroom – digital photo processing and editing
- Illustrator – vector graphics and illustration
- InDesign – page design and layout for print and digital publishing
- Premiere Pro – video production and editing
- SpeedGrade – film finishing and color editing
- After Effects – cinematic visual effects and motion graphics
- Adobe Audition – audio recording, mixing and restoration
- Adobe Media Encoder – quickly output files for virtually any screen
- Dreamweaver – web and mobile design
- Adobe Muse – website design without coding
There is currently to printing available in the digital lab at this time.
For more information: Contact Justin Thompson at email@example.com